Finding the Best Electric Shavers 2018 can be hard nut to crack as honestly you may don’t know what you want to buy and what not.
It is no hidden fact that everybody has a different skin texture – sensitivity, dry, oily or may be prone to adult acne. So first and foremost the product you buy should suit your skin.
Although today happens to be a lucky day for you because we have done a lot of research in finding you the best shavers.
We don’t say that these shavers will get you a date or something but yeah! a nice look and pleasant feel.
Below is the list of The Top 10 Electric Shavers, which have been handpicked by our experts after an in-depth review of each product.
(To get a better idea of what and how to buy don’t forget to read the Buyers guide at the end)
|Electric Shaver Name||Type of Shaver||Wet & Dry||Product weight|
|Braun Series 7 790cc||Foil||No||2.8 pounds|
|Panasonic ES-LV-81K Arc 5||Foil||Yes||2.8 pounds|
|Braun Series 9-9095||Foil||No||2.7 pounds|
|Philips Norelco 1250X/40||Rotary||Yes||1.4 pounds|
|Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV61-A||Foil||Yes||1.4 pounds|
|Panasonic ES-8103S Arc3||Foil||No||1.1 pounds|
|Philips Norelco S9311/84, Series 9300||Rotary||Yes||3.2 pounds|
|Braun Cool Tec Solo Shaver||Foil||Yes||1.4 pounds|
|Remington F5-5800 – Budget Electric Shaver||Foil||No||1.2 pounds|
|Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4||Foil||Yes||1.5 pounds|
Do you want a shaver for your thick and dense hair, which grows unanimously from anywhere? Braun Series 7 790cc Foil Shaver will help you out. A shaver with “Intelligent Sonic Technology” which is designed to work harsh on the problem areas and soft on your skin.
This shaver will automatically speed up ones it detects thick or dense hair area. The Braun Series 7 790cc is 100% waterproof so you can easily walk into your shower while shaving. That reminds me of the portability this shaver has. This shaver is cordless too, so you can possibly take it wherever you want.
Its OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm which is close to zero. To give you a perfect morning and evening shave this shaver has synthesized foil and blades too.
Though this machine has possibly all the features one could ask for but it looks like the performance is not as power packed as expected from it
To impress you more with its full features, the flexible blades will give you near to perfect shave on all the curves and bends of the face. This shaver comes with one of its kind Clean&Charge stations which has 5-action alcohol based system which hygienically cleanses and lubricates the blades.
This machine is fully tested, engineered and made in Germany so you can expect it to work exceptionally well for the next 7 years ones you buy it.
|5-action alcohol based system for the hygienic charging of your shaver||It will take longer time to shave as compared to other products in the market|
|This shaver is good for the ones with sensitive skin|
If you are worried about those inaccessible bends and curves of your face next shaver is just for you.
An award winning product, Panasonic ES-LV-81K Arc 5 uses the latest technology, ultra-sharp 30 degrees angled hypoallergenic blades for that clean and clear shave. Panasonic ES-LV-81K Arc 5 beats the 10,000 micro vibrations per minute of Braun Series 7 790cc and gives a marvelous 14,000 cuts per minute. For faster and efficient shaving the 5 Arc 5 blades perform 70,000 crosscutting actions per minute.
Now you don’t have to stress out about the curves and the bends around your- face, chin, neck and jaw. This shaver comes with a Multi-Flex pivoting head which gives you smooth and even shaves all around the face.
To be honest, this razor is Audi and Mercedes of shavers. It has a quite high maintenance cost which won’t let many buyers give it another glance.
If you are an old school gel / cream lover then you can use it while using this shaver as this machine can be used for dry and wet as well.
Keeping your shaver charged and hygienic was never this easy before. Panasonic ES-LV-81K Arc 5 comes with an Automatic Cleaning & Charging Station that does all the work with just one click.
This shaver is designed especially for those sideburns and mustaches too, as it has a pop-out trimmer along with it
|It is a wet/dry machine which can be used with your favorite gel and creams too||Slightly over maintenance as compared to other shaver|
|This shaver works perfectly around those curves and bends on the face|
Don’t be disappointed with the high-end maintenance we have something good coming your way.
People with sensitive skin, this trimmer is a gift from heaven for you. Braun Series 9-9095 not only shaves your mane, but it also lubricates the blades every time for that extra care that your skin demands.
This machine can clean itself more hygienically than tap water. Its latest technology blades are delicate on the skin for a longer period of time. This shaver has a good battery backup which allows you to carry it wherever you want; that too without the hassle of carrying the entire package along.
The series 9 of Braun is not that good when compared to series 7. If you want to try something new, you can give this a try.
Its lubricating action gives you more efficient with every shave. An intelligent device which prioritizes the optimal use of water with its multi-functional features. It has built in fans which dries the machine in few seconds.
Just like other Braun machines this one also has an alcohol based cleaner and charge station, which will keep your machine neat and tidy always.
|This machine lubricates itself after every wash||This shaver has a plastic body which makes it look inexpensive|
|A great option for the people with acne prone skin or delicate skin|
Worried about looks and quality too? Philips is coming your way
Once the pickup line of Philips was “Let’s make things better” and sure it does. With its Philips Norelco 1250X/40 3D SensoTouch Series 8000, Philips has taken shaving to a whole new level. This shaver has Gyro flex 3D counter three-way which shaves in- flex outward, pivots around and tilt inward.
Going for that important board meeting or office party? Give yourself a bold and clean look with Philips Series 8100. The Ultra Heads of this shaver have three shaving tracks that catch every small hair for an extra clean look. This razor is lighter than any other shaver in the market and weighs only 1.4 pounds.
Though the razor is light, but the rest of the parts like– Charge&Clean Station is quite heavy. But I don’ think that should stop you from buying this product.
With its new AquaTec technology, you can enjoy both rugged dry or refreshing wet shave. Now you can experiment with your looks with the help of pop-out trimmer for your sideburns and mustache.
|3D Gyro Flex gives you a three way shaving experience||The Charge&Clean Station is quite heavier than other razors|
|This razor is light weight and easy to maintain|
Looking for something that is harsh on the hair but soft on the skin, the next product is just for you
A skin friendly electric shaver which protects you from possibly every skin infection that could be caused while shaving. The Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV61-A is loaded with some of the best features in town. This 5 blade razor ultra-sharp, 30-degree hypoallergenic blades which will give you exceptionally great shave every day.
This razor has one of the fastest and most powerful Hyper Performance linear delivers 14,000 cuts in a minute, which means clean and close shave every time. The special 5 Arc 5 blades give 70,000 cross-cutting actions per minute for faster and efficient shaving.
As such there is nothing wrong with this product, but it may make some buzzing sound after a while. Also, if you have hypersensitive skin, then we won’t recommend this product.
If you thought that TV commercials misguide you when they show smooth gliding machine, then buy this one for a change. This razor has MultiFlex pivoting head enables smooth and silky gliding motion over your face, chin, jaw and neck area.
You can check the shaver status at a glance with the 10 stage LCD and use the pop-up trimmer to give your sideburn and mustache any macho look that you want.
|The Multi-Flex pivoting head lets you have that extra soft and silky finish||This razor may produce sound after continuous use|
|It has a 10 stage LCD which lets you monitor the status of shaver whenever you want|
Are you looking for something to fit in your pocket, yet give a perfect finish whenever you use it? Look out for Panasonic’s next product
Though this machine is a little pocket-friendly, but Panasonic has not compromised on the features end. Panasonic Arc 3 is fitted with three UltraSharp NanoTech blades that give precision to your beard every time you shave. It also has a modern technology Arc Foil that follows facial contours to give you a quick and comfortable shave.
Similar to Arc 5, Arc 3 also has a flexible pivoting head that glides effortlessly on your face to trace the individual contour of your face, chin, neck and jaw.
A lower version of Arc 5; Arc 3 has lesser features than the newer Arc 5. But if you can manage with a little less features, but great quality product you can give yourself a treat as this razor is a little cost efficient.
Panasonic ES-8103S Arc3 shaver is packed with a high-performance linear motor drive which can deliver massive 13,000 cuts per minute. This shaver has a power packed high battery backup (maintains peak power) which lets you shave till the end of every battery charge.
This machine has a pop-up trimmer for proper cutting off your mustache every time. Arc 3 has a sonic vibrating mode, which lets you clean off all the dirt inside it. It has a 10-stage LCD which allows you to monitor battery on the go.
|This razor is not only pocket friendly but also easy on maintenance||Arc 3 has less features than Arc 5|
|Arc 3 is has great performance and is good for the skin too|
|Very light in weight- just 1.1 pound|
Were you waiting for something extravagant that will make you fall off your seat… Philips is back on the list to do what it always does…
Presenting to you something we were hiding till now. Jokes apart. Philips Norelco S9311/84, Series 9300 has everything that you could ask for in a shaver. Though it has followed the three rotary blade legacies, but each of that blades move in 8-directions to cut up to 20% more hair. Now how’s that!
The percentage game is not over yet. It’s dry / wet shaving technology cleans up to 30% more hair. The blades shave closer and more comfortable than ever before- for a never before super soft skin.
Everyone backbites about the rotary blades as they aren’t as good for the skin as foil blades but not now. Philips Norelco S9311/84, Series 9300 lets you choose speed according to your skin type. For example, if you have delicate skin choose slow; medium for a tough powered shave and fast for a high powered shave.
To blow away the stress to maintain the razor Philips has introduced SmartClean technology. It cleans, charges, lubricates and dries your shaver. We wanted to give this product a 10/10 rating (though there are slight bumps too).
The features are hi-tech and will surely blow your mind. And when you look at the price tag, it will make you think twice. But whatever YOLO. So save up some money and try this shaver to have the taste of technology
Just like other Philip’s product this one also has dry / wet technology, which lets you shave with and without water.
|This shaver has high end features to die for||This shaver may make a hole in your pocket|
|Now you can take extra care of your skin with the speed controlling feature|
If you are reading this article in the summer and want to buy something with a cooling sensation every time you shave then a good product is on your way.
Braun’s Cool Tec Solo Shaver is one of the best products yet as it has one of its kindest “Active Cooling Technology” which cools your skin each time you shave. It reduces skin irritation, redness, burning etc. This shaver has a special three-stage cutting system which includes shaving element that moves independently over every contour of your face.
If you have a hair growth that grows in a different direction then the SensoBlade technology of Braun Cool Tec Solo will help you have a shaving of your dreams. It also has a wet and dry shaver option that lets you shave while you shower or just a simple dry shave.
All the features stated are just in place and almost true except for the fact that this trimmer won’t go well with dense hair growth. If you have thin to medium hair growth this product is fine for you.
This shaver has a precision trimmer which allows on the spot shave for better results. Cool Tec Solo has an instant battery charging feature which lets you recharge the shaver in 5-10 minutes.
|CoolTec technology actually works and will give you a soothing sensation when you shave.||This shaver won’t be a good buy for the pals with thick hair growth.|
|It has a SensoBlade which makes it easier to shave if you have hair which grows in different directions.|
We have a debutante artist on our list, which will amaze you with its art and features.
Established in 1816 Remington is a company you can trust upon. They design probably the best shavers in the industry with good features. You can shave with or without cord as Remington F5-5800 gives you the convenience and flexibility to do so.
Not only this, the shaver has a 5-minute quick charge feature provides power for one shave.
Remington F5 surprisingly doesn’t go well with sensitive skin. Continuous usage may create redness and irritation too. Though would suggest buying this product only if you have normal to tough skin.
Remington F5-5800 gives you to 60 minutes run-time which is up to 20 days of shaving between charges. You can easily clean the machine under running tap water. To give you a perfect shaving experience around neck, jaw, chin and face this razor has Pivot and Flex technology.
If you don’t shave regularly and are scared to shave as you might hurt your face due to long hair then fret not. The “intercept shaving technology” of this razor pre-trims long hair for more close and proper shave.
|Easy to maintain and can be carried anywhere||We won’t recommend this product to people with sensitive skin|
|It has a good battery backup and can be used for 60 minutes once charged|
Arc 4 is a four blade razor with decent feature like a dual motor. The Hyper Performance Dual Motor has the ability to make 14,000 cuts per minute, which is equal to 56,000 crosscutting actions per minute. The other motor vibrates and pulls up the hair for a better shave.
I have no grudges with this razor but it is yet another Panasonic machine with one extra blade than Arc 3.
A better version of Arc 3, Arc 4 also has a pivoting head that performs well around neck, nose, chin and cheeks. It has a pop-up trimmer for clipping your mustache and sideburns. This is a wet/dry shaver so you can use it with your favorite shaving gel etc., and without it too. You can check the battery status on the 10-stage LCD of the Arc 4.
|It has four blades which ensures a close shave||It has nothing exciting besides one extra blade than Arc 3|
|The hyper performance dual motor provides 14,000 cpm|
Easy and Clean Shave: There are two types of clean shave looks – a normal clean shave look and a one or two-day old clean shave look. It clearly means that you have to look out for a machine which has both the options.
->First – A product that gives a full clean shave.
->Second – A product which can do the basic trimming of your hair.
Some shavers feature both the features, if by chance you want to experiment with your looks which are “so in” nowadays.
Shower-Shaver or Not: When you hear the word “Electric Shaver” you actually hear don’t roam around water but why not. Technology has reached Mars so why can’t we take electric shavers to showers. Hence the idea is for you to look for a shaver which is water resistant and waterproof so that you can take it in the shower with you and save that little extra time.
Moisturizing Mechanism: As I mentioned in the beginning of the article that everyone has a different skin texture which ranges from oily to dry, sensitive skin and maybe acne prone skin. The bruises and cuts that dwell on our faces as a result of shavers are not so good after all. Shavers have found a solution to that which is the “moisturizing mechanism which can easily address these problems”.
Power Saver: Why do well only for your face and not to the surroundings. When the market is flooded with power saving machines with even better features then why to buy one that has comparatively fewer features and doesn’t do any good to the world. Besides, it will cut down some amount of your electricity bill.
Foil vs Rotary shaver… or Maybe Plain Razor: Nobody on the face of this earth can deny a fact, the magic that plain razor + crèame can create. But that’s not what electric shavers are for. They are to create a change in your busy regime and make it a bit simpler. To sort out your life a bit more there are options to choose from, which lets you decide how easy you want to make your life.
Rotary shavers are good for the guys who have thick and fast growing hair, which unfortunately grown in a different direction. Also, if you want closer shave near the nose, jawline or chin. Plus point for the ones who don’t shave daily. Don’t buy this if you have sensitive skin.
Foil Shaver is for the early riser everyday shaver. If you are the ones who wants total clean shave effect on the cheeks go for foil shaver. If your skin is sensitive or prone to acne then foil shavers are a great option for you.
Cordless and Portability: Want to go on a long trip, but worried about carrying that whole bunch of wires. Not now, because you can easily buy a good portable and wireless shaver.
Can be Used for Head or Not: Most of the machine present in the market is designed to shave your face. If they are used to shave head they may slow down or won’ work properly at all. So if you are looking for one, you better check out the machine, whether it is designed for head shaves.
What is Electric Shaver and Why is it used?
It is a machine (also known as electric razor) used to shave beard or hairs in other parts of the body. The electric shaver acts as a comfortable tool for all those men who experience lots of cuts and pains while shaving with a normal shaver. An electric shaver is known for a smooth shave without leaving any cuts or injury to the skin. It is a perfect match for all those, who have no time to shave and always are on a run.
There are many good shavers available in the market available at reasonable prices and can be bought very easily. They are available in both rotating and oscillating blade options. You don’t need any shaving cream, water or soap; just an electric shaver can clear all the unwanted hair and beard. Even tiny grains can be cleared easily without any hassle. An electric shaving does this by lifting and cutting the hair with the help of an oscillating cutting head. The razor inserted in shaver contains a small DC motor, which is either powered by batteries or electricity. Many modern electric shavers are powered using rechargeable batteries which make them very convenient to use.
How to get a clean shave with an Electric Shaver?
Electric shavers can give you clean shave. Yes, this statement is 100% true. It can remove even tiny hair by hair, giving clean results. They are expected to give a clean shave without any cuts or bleeding, however, there is no assurance that an electric shaver will not cut your skin. Electric shavers have proved themselves to reduce cuts, blood loss and lower down the shaving time. You need to stay calm and shave attentively. To make a smooth shave, complete preparation, technique and after care is must.
Going further, we will discuss shavers and its various aspects in more detail.
Steps to follow before you start shaving with an Electric Shaver
- Go for a good electric shaver that fit your needs. This is a very important step because if you don’t have a good quality shaver, you may have not so good experience and may not get the best desired results.
- Don’t forget to wash your face before shaving. Washing your face with a gentle face cleanser helps softens your beard and removes any dirt from the skin.
- Let your face adjust with some natural essentials after washing.
- Use good quality cream before shaving. Always apply cream of a good brand so that the skin doesn’t get damaged.
- Check for the grain of your facial hair to know which direction the hairs are going and how to cut them by applying perfect angle.
- Think before using a rotary shaver or a foil shaver because every shaver will not suit you. Once your decision gets fixed, buy one and shave smoothly. Don’t forget to always keep your shaver clean.
- Never forget to check whether your blade is sharp or not because this could become a big trouble later and give you cut and pain. This will also change the physical appearance and beauty of your face.
- Shave in a proper way and in a correct direction.
- Once your shaving gets over, don’t forget to apply after-shave cream to get best result.
When should you change blades of Electric Shaver?
Shaving with the same blade repeatedly for many days can damage your skin and can give you lots of pain. At some stage, it even stops working and you can’t get a clean shave. Thus, changing blades from time to time is more beneficial. While buying blades check the instructions properly given on the cover, it is strictly recommended to change blades once a year or after every six months.
Situation you may experience to find that you need new blades:-
- Even though there is no time frame when you will need a new blade, however, if it becomes six months old go for new one. Many people change it after every two-three months.
- Sometimes the blade can’t flow across your skin smoothly, especially when you are grown up and the grains of your hair are thick. If your razor feels like it’s pulling, this definitely means it has become dull and must be replaced soon.
- An old blade can cause irritation or rashes to your skin and could give you cuts and scratches. This means you have to buy a new blade.
- One more condition is how often you shave, how large of an area you’re shaving and thickness of your hair too. These conditions will tell you when to change old with a new blade. But if you take good care of your blade, it may last longer.
- Never forget to wash the blade with hot water after every use. This is an important step to take away hair particles or shaving cream present on the blade. After cleaning, air-dry the blade to prevent it from rusting. Once your blade gets rusty, you need to buy new immediately.
How many times will you buy new electric shaver? They are not cheap at all. Thus, changing blades instead of buying new is the best option. You can easily know when your electric shaver needs a blade change. Just look out, if shaver starts giving you trouble and starts damaging to your skin, be ready for a new blade.
Effective steps to get clean Shave
It is very interesting to know some effective ways to get a clean shave with these electric shavers. Below are few steps, you need to follow to get a smooth shave.
- First and most important step is, you should soften your skin and hair before you start shaving. This will help you in giving a clean shave without any cut.
- Apply gel and massage with a shaving brush to form bubbles and foam in your whole face. Move the shaver in exactly the same direction where your hair grows.
- Important note: Remember that hair changes its direction on the neck and lower chin areas.
- After shaving once, you can apply a cream again to make foam. Now, shave again the second time to cut down the left over hairs sharply.
- Once done with all this rinse your face with cold water or icy water. This will help to tighten your skin. This also helps in closing the pores of the skin, which are open. This also cures your skin and makes it soft.
A clean-shaved face not only brings smiles, but also increases your confidence level to do any work. Follow these tips before attending any important event or party or even a meeting and impress your guests and loved ones.
How to shave your legs with an Electric Shaver?
Shaving legs is a trend for every woman to enhance their beauty. Women love shaving their hands and legs to look beautiful and dazzling. They love to pamper their body to feel fresh and lovely. This makes them more graceful and sexier too.
Electric shavers are one of the options available which can help them give clean shave without any injury. However, you should learn how to shave your legs with an electric shaver, because if not used correctly it may cause cuts and injuries.
You can either use dry or wet electric shaver, both are the best ways to shave. The only difference is that wet shaver can be used in the shower and dry shaver don’t require a shower. For safety, ensure that you always keep the charging cord away from water.
There are a few simple steps which you need to follow as recommended. Take care of your skin and maintain your electric shaver accordingly. Once you learn how to shave properly, you can easily protect your skin from damage.
Let’s dive in about dry shaving first:
- Start with warm water and a soap to wash your legs. Dry your legs with towel. This is done to soften hair and so that it can be removed easily.
- Start shaving by moving your shaver in upward direction first, then towards the ankle to the thigh, moving it gently in circular movements. You can repeat this step again, to get rid of any leftover hair.
- After you are done with the shaving part, rinse your skin with water or wipe your legs with a fresh towel.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your legs to give relief to your skin. This helps in preventing dryness.
Wet electric shavers are also a good option to go along. You just need to start by following some simple steps:
- Rinse your legs with warm water and apply soap. Then apply a shaving gel and massage your legs to lift up the hair.
- Start shaving your ankle in gentle circular motions, and move up to the thigh.
- Rinse your legs and dry with towel. Don’t forget to apply a good moisturizer.
Take care of yourself while shaving and look amazing. Shave attentively to keep yourself free from cuts and injury.
Types of Electric Shavers – Foil vs Rotary Shaver
- Rotary Blade: Usually three rotating blades are placed in a triangular pattern. Rotary blades have series of circular cutters attached against each other. Philips and Remington are the companies who use this technology.
Good Shaving Tip: To get the best shave while using a Rotary blade the shaver should use the machine in circular rotating motions. It should feel as if you are applying a lotion on your face.
- Foil Shavers: A Foil shaver has series of knives placed under rectangular metallic foil. These machines are designed to raise your mane and guide it closer to the rotating knives.
Good Shaving Tip: “To get the best a man can get” while using Foil shavers move the machine in long and straight motions.
Difference between Electric Shaver and a Trimmer
Shaving is one of a major activity in a mans life to keep himself impressive and clean shaved. At home, they may be using shaving machines to get better results as they don’t have much time to manually shave or visit the parlor for this purpose. Some men use trimmers and others use electric shavers. Trimmers and electric shavers, both work similarly however, both have some differences which we should know. Now in this article we will go through these differences and understand the importance of them.
Let’s talk about trimmer first…
- Trimmers in another sense can also be said as a small scissor which works smoothly and cuts hairs without any rashes.
- If you are using trimmers, you should know that your hair should be of noticeable size to make trimming easier otherwise it may be difficult.
- Trimmers can be used in every 3 to 4 days to trim and shape your beard, which will make you look good and handsome.
- Trimmers are also used to remove hair in sensitive areas like pubic hair, armpit and chest.
- Trimmers does not harm your skin as it cuts hair much above without touching your skin, thus it is quite skin friendly.
- It can be used dry without using cream or soap. You don’t even need to apply a shaving base while trimming.
- Amazing part is, it is cost friendly.
What about electric shaver???
- The electric shaver is a device which runs with the help of electricity. It gives a 100% clean shave with satisfactory results.
- It might be a bit costly, but is also user friendly. It contains rotating blades which enter your upper skin pores and removes the hairs gently.
- If you are very conscious about your personality and looks, then this is a perfect shaver for you. You can use it daily to shave and get wonderful results.
- Electric shavers can be used as a dry shaver or as a wet shaver. You can even use it a shaving base or use with a water. Sometimes this shaver may cause rashes and irritation, but still it is a remarkable device.
- Electric Shaver is best suited to face and trimming is not at all possible with a shaver.
- It is not cost friendly. This shaver is quite expensive than a trimmer. Even the shaving blades cost much and you need to spend a lot on them. Blades of Electric Shaver are to be changed after every two years.
You now know the difference between both, you can easily choose and buy whatever you need. Always go for the best option which suits you and your budget!!